This COBIT® 5 Assessor Bootcamp (Foundation & Assessor Cerifications by ISACA®/APMG) session is a 5-days, interactive, classroom-based learning experience for practitioners peparing participants to the COBIT® 5 Foundation and Assessor certification exams. Participants will learn all aspects of the COBIT® 5 process assessment based on ISO 15504. The course is led by a scenario-based approach and includes interactive learning activities to lead an assessment project. The participants will benefit from the practical experience and knowledge of a trainer who is an expert of this domain.
Date of upcoming public sessions
No public courses currently scheduled. Please contact AB Consulting.
You can also contact us about the organization of an in-house training course
The target audience of the COBIT® 5 Assessor Bootcamp (Foundation & Assessor Cerifications by ISACA®/APMG) course & certification will include but is not limited to:
- Internal & external Auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits
- IT auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits
- Consultants who want to be allowed to perform independent process assessments on behalf of their clients.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT Governance domain and/or n process capability assessments based on ISO 15504. The COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate taken at the end of the second day is a prerequisite to take the COBIT® Assessor exam on the last day of the Bootcamp.
At the end of this course, each participant will know and understand:
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Product Architecture
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide: using COBIT® 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment
- To use the Process Reference Model, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM
- To apply and analyse the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyse the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
- How to use the self-assessment guide
Introduction and background
Overview and key features of COBIT® 5
The 5 Principles of COBIT® 5
The 7 Enablers of COBIT® 5
Introduction to COBIT® 5 Implementation
Process Capability Assessment
Official COBIT® 5 Foundation Exam (40 minutes)
Overview and recap foundation
- The process assessment model (PAM)
- Assessors Guide - Using COBIT® 5
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Assessment Team
- An Independent Assessment
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Other Participants
- Competency of Assessors
- Key Issues for the Assessment
- Key Issues
- Recommended Steps
- Assessment Tools
Scoping the Assessment<
- Initial Mapping of the Enterprise Processes To COBIT®
- Scoping Tools
Planning the Assessment and Briefing the Teams
- Planning the Assessment
- Documented Data Collection Strategy
- Evidentiary Requirements
- Systematic Recording
- Validation during Data Collection
- Review of Data Collected
- Dealing with Deficiencies
Process Attribute Rating
- The Decision Making Process
- Setting Target Capability Levels
- Process Capability Level Rating
- Nature of Engagement
- Implications of Assessment Results
- Presentation to Participants
Performing a Self-Assessment
- Exam Tips & Tricks
- Mock Exam
Official COBIT® 5 Assessor Exam (2 hours 30 minutes)
COBIT® 5 Foundation Exam
The official exam COBIT® 5 Foundation ISACA®/APMG is included in the COBIT® 5 Assessor Bootcamp training course package.
The exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions covering all five areas of the COBIT® 5 Foundation syllabus, to be answered in 40 minutes. This is a closed book exam. The certification is granted as soon as the canditate provides at least 25 correct answers (50%). The examination takes place immediately at the end of the course and is invigilated by an accredited invigilator and is be provided as web-based.
COBIT® Assessor Exam
The official exam COBIT® 5 Assessor ISACA®/APMG is included in the COBIT® 5 Assessor Bootcamp training course package.
Based on a case study, the exam consists of 8 complex multiple-choice questions each covering a different syllabus area or combination of syllabus areas. Each of the eight questions contains 10 question lines, each of which attracts 1 mark, giving a total of 80 marks. The pass mark is 40 (50%). This is an open book exam. Hard copies of the ISACA's official publications COBIT® Assessor Guide: Using COBIT® 5 and COBIT® Process Assessment Model (PAM):Using COBIT® 5 are allowed. The examination takes place immediately at the end of the course and is invigilated by an accredited invigilator. The duration of the exam is 2.5 hour (an additional 40 mn is given for candidates whose first language is not english).
The course COBIT® 5 Assessor Bootcamp (Foundation & Assessor Cerifications by ISACA®/APMG) is delivered by Alain BONNEAUD (CGEIT®, COBIT® 5 Accredited Trainer). Alain is one of the few people in the world having an extensive experience in the implementation and Assessment of COBI® 5 enablers and holding the COBIT® 5 Certified Assessor certification issued by ISACA®.
Alain Bonneaud is an International Expert in the domains of Governance of Enterprise IT (GEIT®) and IT Service Management (ITIL®, ISO/IEC 20000, COBIT® 5, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 38500, PRINCE2®). Alain regularly acts as "IT Governance and Transformation Senior Manager" within International Firms all around the world, to assist them in the implementation of IT Governance and IT Service Management (ITSM). He is also accredited for many years to deliver training and certification: ITIL® ( Foundation, Intermediate and MALC), ISO / IEC 20000, ISO / IEC 27002 and COBIT®.
Alain is also Head of Delegation of Ivory Coast in ISO/IEC JTC1/SC40 and JTC1/SC27 sub-committees, and, as such, he is co-editor of ISO/IEC 27013 (Integrated Implementation of ISO/IEC 20000 and ISO/IEC 27001, published in 2013) and ISO 20000-8 (ISO/IEC 20000 Implementation for the Very Small Entities - To be published).
Price and financial conditions
Fees include the whole package composed of :
- training delivery by a trainer approved by APMG/ISACA® on the COBIT® 5 certification scheme,
- personalized welcome in the training room with mineral water, breaks and lunch,
- course material accredited by APMG,
- intensive exam perparation,
- online official COBIT® 5 Foundation examination (ISACA®/APMG Qualification),
- paper-based COBIT® 5 Assessor official exam (ISACA®/APMG Qualification),
- official COBIT® 5 Foudation and Assessor certificates delivered by APMG (for successful candidates),
- group limited to 10 people max. in order to guarantee the quality of the interactivity with the training course leader.
Official ISACA® publications
PLEASE NOTE: The official manuals COBIT® 5 Process Assessment Model and COBIT® 5 Assessor's Guide are required to take the course and the final exam but are not provided by AB Consulting in the context of the session. These official publication must be acquired prior to the training directly on the ISACA>® website.
Terms & Conditions
To be validated, COBIT® 5 Assessor Bootcamp (Foundation & Assessor Cerifications by ISACA®/APMG) online registration is requested (a registration link is provided in the "Dates" tab on the line corresponding to each session)
Full payment of the course and exams must be recieved at latest 10 working days before the start of the training. We accept payments by bank transfer, credit card or Paypal.
Early Bird discount
Save 10%* on the price of any registration received, accompanied by its full payment, more than 30 days before the first day of the session.
* This offer is valid for public training sessions only and cannot be cumulated with any other promotional rate.