This COBIT® 5 Implementation (ISACA®/APMG) course is a 3-days, interactive, classroom-based learning experience for practitioners. Participants will learn all aspects of the management of a Governance of Enterprise IT implementation and improvement program. The course, based on a continuous improvement life cycle, covers the creation of an implementation roadmap and the change enablement activities and techniques that are necessary to improve IT governance. The course is led by a scenario-based approach and includes interactive learning activities to teach a methodology to follow for ensuring successful outcomes. The participants will benefit from the practical experience and knowledge of a trainer who is a recognized expert of the domain.
Date of upcoming public sessions
No public courses currently scheduled. Please contact AB Consulting.
No public courses currently scheduled. Please contact AB Consulting.
You can also contact us about the organization of an in-house training course
The target audience of the COBIT® 5 Implementation (ISACA®/APMG) course & certification is composed of :
- Consultants who want to learn how to implement, or use COBIT® 5 for different scenarios for a client initiative
- IT practitioners who want practitioner-level training and an appreciation of how to use COBIT® 5 for different organisational scenarios
- Business managers who want to have a more practical appreciation of how to apply COBIT® 5 to specific business problems, pain points, trigger events and risk scenarios.
- Project and programme managers who want to want to use the COBIT® 5 Implementation model
The COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate is a prerequisite for this course. It is also recommended, but not mandatory, that participants have at least 2 years experience in the IT Governance domain.
At the end of this course, each participant will know and understand:
- How to analyze enterprise drivers
- Implementation challenges, root causes and success factors
- How to determine and assess current process capability
- How to scope and plan improvements
- Potential implementation pitfalls
This course provides a practical appreciation of how to apply COBIT® 5 to specific Business problems and opportinities revealed by pain points and trigger events and based on risk scenarios within the organisation. During this session, you will learn how to implement GRC initiatives based on COBIT® 5 continual improvement lifecycle approach into your enterprise and how to effectively use it for client initiatives.
- What is GEIT?
- How to combine the use of COBIT® 5 with other frameworks and standards
- Review of the 5 principles and 7 enablers
Taking the first steps towards GEIT
- Create the appropriate environment
- Applying a continual improvement approach lifecycle
- Getting started: Identify the need to act based on painpoints and trigger events
- Recognizing stakeholders' roles and requirements
- Critical success factors
Enabling change - The need for Change Enablement
Phase 1: Initiate the programme
Phases 2 & 3: Define problems and opportunities
Phases 4 & 5: Plan and execute
Phases 6 & 7: Realize benefits
- Exam Tips & Tricks
- Mock Exam
Official COBIT® 5 Implementation Exam (2 hours 30 minutes)
The official exam COBIT® 5 Implementation ISACA®/APMG is included in the COBIT® 5 Implemenation and Certification training course package.
Based on a case study, the exam consists of 4 complex multiple-choice questions each covering a different syllabus area or combination of syllabus areas. Each of the four questions contains 20 question lines, each of which attracts 1 mark, giving a total of 80 marks. The pass mark is 40 (50%). This is an open book exam. Hard copy of the ISACA's official publication COBIT® 5 Implemenation is allowed. The examination takes place immediately at the end of the course and is invigilated by an accredited invigilator. The duration of the exam is 2.5 hour (an additional 40 mn is given for candidates whose first language is not english).
The course COBIT® 5 Implementation (ISACA®/APMG) is delivered by Alain BONNEAUD (CGEIT®, COBIT® 5 Accredited Trainer). Alain is one of the few people in the world having an extensive experience in the implementation and Assessment of COBI® 5 enablers and holding the COBIT® 5 Certified Assessor certification issued by ISACA®.
Alain Bonneaud is an International Expert in the domains of Governance of Enterprise IT (GEIT®) and IT Service Management (ITIL®, ISO/IEC 20000, COBIT® 5, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 38500, PRINCE2®). Alain regularly acts as "IT Governance and Transformation Senior Manager" within International Firms all around the world, to assist them in the implementation of IT Governance and IT Service Management (ITSM). He is also accredited for many years to deliver training and certification: ITIL® ( Foundation, Intermediate and MALC), ISO / IEC 20000, ISO / IEC 27002 and COBIT®.
Alain is also Head of Delegation of Ivory Coast in ISO/IEC JTC1/SC40 and JTC1/SC27 sub-committees, and, as such, he is co-editor of ISO/IEC 27013 (Integrated Implementation of ISO/IEC 20000 and ISO/IEC 27001, published in 2013) and ISO 20000-8 (ISO/IEC 20000 Implementation for the Very Small Entities - To be published).
Price and financial conditions
Fees include the whole package composed of :
- training delivery by a trainer approved by APMG/ISACA® on the COBIT® 5 certification scheme,
- personalized welcome in the training room with mineral water, breaks and lunch,
- course material, accredited by APMG/ISACA®,
- intensive exam perparation,
- paper-based COBIT® 5 Implementation official exam,
- official COBIT® 5 Implementation certificate delivered by postmail (for successful candidates),
- group limited to 10 people max. in order to guarantee the quality of the interactivity with the training course leader,
Register for the COBI® 5 Implementation Bootcamp and become COBIT® 5 Foundation and COBIT® 5 Implementation certified in only 5 days ! Just select COBIT® 5 Implementation Bootcamp on the registration form and benefit of up to 25% saving on the total cost of the full batch.
Official ISACA® publications
PLEASE NOTE: The official manual COBIT® 5 Implementation is required to take the course and pass the final exam certification but is not provided by AB Consulting in the context of the session. This official publication must be acquired prior to the training directly on the ISACA® website.
Terms & Conditions
To be validated, COBIT® 5 Implementation (ISACA®/APMG) online registration is requested (a registration link is provided in the "Dates" tab on the line corresponding to each session)
Full payment of the course and exams must be recieved at latest 10 working days before the start of the training. We accept payments by bank transfer, credit card or Paypal.
Early Bird discount
Save 10%* on the price of any registration received, accompanied by its full payment, more than 30 days before the first day of the session.
* This offer is valid for public training sessions only and cannot be cumulated with any other promotional rate.